Miscellaneous discussion (SetupS)

The Freezer

Miscellaneous discussion (SetupS)

Postby The Freezer » Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Glenn, post: 10881, member: 400 wrote:and have heard a RC5 is planned for SetupS soon. Freeze also mentioned that much of SetupS v9's functionality is included but disabled in SetupS v8.
But only with RC5. The v9 easter-eggs are absent from RC4.

Glenn, post: 10881, member: 400 wrote:but no point in worrying about this until the release in June, hopefully they will have added folder support to Metro and we'll be able to update SetupS to sue that when Win 8 is detected.
Sort of my thinking as well but instead of detecting Windows 8 to have Metro detected -- since Windows 8 is NT6 and has more in common with Windows 7 than either do with XP. For example, Metro has a better chance of working on Windows 7 than XP. (Although anything is possible, I guess. Others have gotten things like Vista's Aero and Windows 7 Search to work on XP too. So we'll see.)

I also suspect (or have the impression) that there could be the possibility that Win8 could operate without Metro. If that's the case we might want to keep the SetupS functionality and features that work well with Windows 7 to also work on Windows 8. Especially if nothing is left of the interface after dropping out of Metro.
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The Freezer

Re: SetupS Sendto Suite (Latest)

Postby The Freezer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Ghost, post: 11761, member: 3 wrote:A small hiccup in the latest is that if a .ico file is located elsewhere other than the folder where the app is being created it will not import/copy the .ico file into that folder.

For example if I extract the .ico file out to desktop and show ssEditor the .ico to use, it never gets put in the folder where the app resides, I have to copy/move the .ico file manually - I know its simple but for ssEditor to be so damn good, sumtin like that just breaks it when creatin .apz files :)

EDIT: although the .ico file get a mirror named ppApp.ico it never gets moved/copied

It also won't rename an .ico file to ssApp|ppApp|ppGame.ico either. Ditto with ssApp|ppApp|ppGame.jpg (screen-shots) and ssApp|ppApp|ppGame.png (faders). This is all done on purpose because ssEditor doesn't know which of those are actually part of an app or game and therefore vital that they remain untouched. So, a copy (and rename) is done instead. It'll be up to the releaser to decide whether or not they really want to delete those files.

But, you're right, at the very least it should make a copy of the .ico to ssEditor's working folder. ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The Freezer

Re: Miscellaneous discussion (SetupS)

Postby The Freezer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 pm

I just wanted to give a quick update before I release the final for SetupS v8...

Found (and fixed) a couple new minor/obscure bugs with SetupS -- in addition to the bugs mentioned previously with ssEditor. Also, been updating the documentation to reflect our most recent changes.

Currently it's in the prepping-stage for release (mainly compiling and some QA error testing) ... hopefully all in time to make it a New Year's gift for everybody. :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The Freezer

Postby The Freezer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:46 am

Here's a sneak peek of the upcoming final SetupS v8...

Any feedback (especially bugs) will be greatly appreciated; but get those to me ASAP because I'm planning on a public release sometime tomorrow.

(Also, let me know if you require any of the other packages available.)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

The Freezer

Postby The Freezer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:03 am

For those interested in what I've been up to lately in regards to SetupS... finally got around to implementing that "ssUninstaller" idea/feature for ssTek apps (and games) that I'd had left undeveloped for quite some time. I've still quite a bit of testing to do on my end; but so far, it's proving to be very promising. :)

FYI, I've left the global option for the new feature to be disabled by default -- one must opt-in to the feature with ssControlPanel -- but can also be disabled on a per app basis as well (which it doesn't default to, of course).

Some screenshots...
[align=center]Global option (ssUninstall):
[img=center]http://www.lastos.org/team/TheFreezerBox/SetupS/pix/SetupS.SendTo.14.2.9a.jpg[/img]
Disable option per app/game (ssUninstall):
[img=center]http://www.lastos.org/team/TheFreezerBox/SetupS/pix/ssEditor.14.2.9a.jpg[/img][/align]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Discussion”